vendredi 7 septembre 2007

First ever post : my hockey league starts in the fall of 07

Today though is a very soggy Friday afternoon in Montréal. I was outside just earlier to play some baseball with the roommate, and it was tough. Just soooo hot, plus the lactic acid buildup from last night's first hockey game.

We played a 90 minute practice / scrimmage with all the guys that will make up the 3 teams in the league. I'd guess nobody knows more than half the guys out on the ice. Even the 3 captains, really. They'll pick the teams this weekend and we'll see how all this shakes out for the coming season. I know I'll play with my buddy Nic, but who else, no clue.

Well, we were all 3 goalies there, so we each alternated taking a breather, switching back in 15 minutes or so later at the other end. You never really ever sit out in full gear playing rec hockey, so it was quite weird, actually. But, it absolutely feels good to get back onto the ice, woot !!!

Aucun commentaire: